Development Coach (Schools Programme)
Salary : 16k per annum
Hours : 37.5 per week Monday to Sunday including unsociable hours
To promote the delivery and implementation of The Leeds United Foundation Schools Programme including: Premier League Primary Stars programme, PPA and after schools delivery for sport and football coaching within the Leeds City region.
About the Organisation
The Leeds United Foundation is a not-for-profit, sports charity, that exists to deliver targeted, high quality programmes that have a real and measurable positive impact on and which nurture the relationship between, the club, its fans and its communities.
- To promote the delivery of the above, (job purpose) which includes:
- Other as requested
- Session Planning and Schemes of Work
- To promote the coaching of Sport with partner organisations within the Leeds City Region and the County Football Association.
- To raise the profile of The Leeds United Foundation and PE and to encourage maximum participation for both boys and girls, especially at KS 1 and 2.
- To provide regular verbal/written reports and reviews to their line manager and key stake holders.
- To maintain the upkeep of all relevant equipment pertaining to the delivery of Sport/Football to boys and girls and to the safety participants.
- To ensure that coach ratios are appropriate for all activities.
- To lead by example and set appropriate standards for others to work to. See The Leeds United Foundation Code of Conduct.
- To ensure appropriate quality standards are maintained at all times in order to sustain and enhance the image of The Leeds United Foundation.
- To adopt principles of continuous personal and professional development with regard to the role.
- To undertake appropriate administrative duties to support the development of Sport in the surrounding areas, which includes familiarisation of EFL Views System.
- To undertake all other such relevant duties directed by the Senior Management, which from time to time may be required with respect to the promotion of The Leeds United Foundation.
- An understanding of the Premier League Primary Stars Programme.
- Other duties as occasionally directed.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- FA Level 2 – Coaching (and/or have ambitions to work towards UEFA 'B' licence)
- Multi-Sports Familiarity
- FA Youth Module 2 (working towards Level 3 Youth Mod)
- Familiarity with the FA DNA and the Coaching Fundamentals
- A passion and enthusiasm for working with Children – particularly Key stage 1 & 2
- A progressive approach to coaching and learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent administration skills (working with Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Full clean driving license
- Own vehicle
- Ability and willingness to travel (City Wide)
- To be creative, innovative and teachable and above all a problem solver
The successful candidate will be subject to an advanced DBS check and appointment is dependent on clearance.
- 1st4Sport Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
The Leeds United Foundation values equality and diversity in employment and we pride ourselves on a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation regardless of race, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.
Applying for the position
Please click the following highlighted link to download the attached application form and provide your brief CV and covering letter by email to Education Manager, Nigel Thewlis, via email@example.com or contact 0113 367 6300.
Closing Date: Friday 7th April 2017
Interview Dates: Thursday 27th April, Thursday 4th& 11th May, Friday 5th& 12th May 2017