Job Vacancy – Community Coach
Person Specification: Community Coach
Department: Leeds United Foundation
Responsible to: Development Manager
Salary: Hourly rate based on experience/ qualifications
Hours: Seasonal/ Casual hours
Location: Elland Road / Surrounding Areas
Closing Date: On going
Purpose of role:
To deliver on a number of programmes ran by Leeds United Foundation. This person will be expected to work across all the different focus areas within the Foundation.
To support community teams and school groups, working with them closely to improve performance and provide enjoyable experiences in sport and physical education. Role may also include encouraging underrepresented groups or young people to participate in sporting activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver fully inclusive PE / coaching / outreach sessions to a wide range of local schools, local clubs, community groups and other organisations.
- To maintain effective records of work undertaken with beneficiaries for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation. This will include registers, case studies and any other records.
- Develop grassroots football through delivering coaching sessions in schools and community settings.
- Making sure equipment and environment is of a satisfactory standard.
- To maintain a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm during any activity.
- Liaise with schools, teachers and parents.
- To represent Leeds United Foundation at any relevant activities/events.
- Any other duties that are deemed to be appropriate for the post holder
Key skills and experience required
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Award – Module 1
- FA Licensed
- FA First Aid Qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- An accepted Enhanced FA DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Experience in working with Schools.
- An good understanding of PE and sport premium for primary schools
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings
- Own transport essential
- UEFA B
- FA Youth Award
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and Schools Sport
- An appreciation of Long Term Player Development
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
- Ability to work in a team environment
If you are interested in this position please complete the application form & CV with a covering letter to: Gary Waddington, Development Manager, Leeds United Foundation, Elland Road, Leeds, LS11 0ES or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leeds United Foundation - Application Form.