Corner Flag Cafe
The Leeds United Foundation's Corner Flag Cafe at Elland Road is an initiative to support people diagnosed with early dementia and has the full support of The Alzheimer's Society and Peer Support Dementia Services from Leeds City Council.
The cafe acts as a drop in centre and meeting point for tea and coffee as well as the chance to interact with other sufferers and support workers alongside ground tours, video presentations and guest appearances.
Our cafe provides social opportunities and reminiscence activities using club memorabilia, photos, press cuttings and other stimuli to help make lives as pleasant as possible for those living with dementia across our communities.
- We are an official ‘Dementia Friendly Venue’
- Leeds United Foundation Senior Executive Officer, Alan Scorfield, is an official ‘Dementia Friends Champion’
- Dementia affects over 8,500 people in Leeds
- We have secured a strong delivery partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, West Yorkshire Playhouse, West Yorkshire Police and local voluntary organisations Dementia Friendly Rothwell, The Ciaran Bingham Foundation and Touchstone.
We aim to...
- The Foundation will be taking its services on the road in 2016 to offer outreach visits to any older people’s groups and organisations who would like to run a Leeds United session for members with dementia.
And they love to party...
If you'd like to get involved in our Corner Flag Cafe or lend your support to expand our programme in 2016, please contact email@example.com or call us on 0113 367 6059